Jackie Glenn serves as our full-time patient navigator to guide patients and their families through the radiation treatment process. Jackie assists in breaking down barriers and overcoming obstacles that might otherwise delay getting the best cancer treatment possible.
The goal of the patient navigation program is to make sure that the comprehensive and varied cancer care treatments offered through The Cancer Center are accessed by all patients, especially those who may not have a strong support group.
Click here or read below to learn more about Jackie and what she does for patients. Would you like to connect with Jacky directly? Contact her at:
Phone: (571) 248-4603
Learn more about patient navigators
Patient navigators help patients get the information and support they need throughout the treatment process. Patient navigators can:
- Provide literature on coping with cancer, what to expect during treatment and dealing with side effects after treatment.
- Refer you to support groups, classes and other programs for information and support.
- Help you identify resources for financial assistance, medication needs, home health care, insurance questions, transportation and other concerns.
- Focus on listening, caring and helping you in your time of need.
- Identify activities that can help ensure a better quality of life.
- Teach cancer survivors how to navigate the health system and associated resources.
Learn more about Jackie
Jackie Glenn joined The Cancer Center At Lake Manassas in April 2010 and launched the center's patient navigator program. She also is responsible for accreditation of The Breast Center At Lake Manassas.
Jackie has more than 20 years' experience in administration, training and community outreach, including extensive training and education in the patient navigation discipline.
She completed the Harold P. Freeman Patient Navigation Institute's Patient Navigation Program in June 2010 and regularly attends the annual National Interdisciplinary Breast Center Conference.
She also is a member of the National Coalition of Oncology Nurse Navigators, the National Accreditation Program for Breast Cancers, and the National Consortium of Breast Centers.