- Follow a diet high in protein and low in carbohydrates for a period of 24 hoursprior to your appointment.
- Do not eat or drink anything for 4 hours before the exam/ test.
- Medications - except diuretics – may be taken the day of the exam, if they can be tolerated on an empty stomach.
- Diabetic patients are encouraged to take their oral medications and insulin at least 6 hours prior to the appointment.
- Strenuous exercise should be avoided for a period of 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Please wear warm, comfortable clothing and avoid wearing any jewelry.
Download our PET/CT fact sheet, with information about the exam, what to expect, and how to prepare: